NOTE: This page contains the official information regarding application requirements and deadlines. Information on this page supersedes any information posted on any other page or website.
1. Applications are accepted only through CAPCSD Services. All application materials (e.g., transcripts, letters of recommendation, GRE scores) will be handled by CSDCAS, and information pertaining to the application process can be found at the website.
2. Applicants must obtain three academic/professional letters of recommendation. Recommenders must be submitted online through the CSDCAS web portal. CSDCAS website will provide detailed instructions on how to submit the letters.
3. An official score of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is required, and must be submitted through the CSDCAS website. Instructions are provided by CSDCAS on how to submit the test scores. Use the following codes for submitting your official GRE scores: CSDCAS code 0760.
4. Unofficial TOEFL scores must be entered online. If admission is recommended by the department, an official TOEFL score must be received by the university before the student can be formally accepted (see below).
1. To apply through the CSDCAS Services, please click HERE.
The CSDCAS application portal opens to applicants each year in
2. All official transcripts MUST be sent to CSDCAS at the address below:
CSDCAS Verification Department
P.O. Box 9113
Watertown, MA 02471
3. The GRE code of University at Buffalo is 0760.
4. Customer Service is available Monday thru Friday from 9:00AM to 5:00PM EST
Phone – (617) 612-2030
E-Mail – email@example.com
All applicants to the M.A. and Au.D. programs pay two application fees:
1. To Pay
2. To the University at Buffalo: A $75 USD non-refundable application processing fee is due before your application can be reviewed (U.S. currency only please). Preferred form of payment: Online with VISA or Master Card.
ePay for the M.A. Program
ePay for the Au.D. Program
Early filing will facilitate the admission process. NOTE: There is an approximately a 4 week lag between the time application materials are submitted CSDCAS and the time that they are verified and made available to the department for evaluation. There is no guarantee that late applications will be considered or considered for funding.
Graduate School rules and regulations can be found in the Graduate School Policies and Procedures: A Manual for Graduate Students and Advisors, which can be viewed on the Web at [http://www.grad.buffalo.edu].
Once admitted to the department, you will be required to submit the following information to the University.
Note: Two other examinations satisfy our institution’s English language proficiency requirement for graduate admission consideration of international students. The two additional examinations are: Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) and Cambridge EnglishProficiency (CPE). Below are the minimum scores for each exam.
Cambridge English Advanced (CAE)
Old Scoring Scale: 65 Overall
New Scoring Scale: 185 Overall
Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE)
Old Scoring Scale: 60 Overall
New Scoring Scale: 185 Overall
You will be contacted by University of Buffalo for this information.