Office: 80 Biomedical Education Building
Office Phone: 716.829.5528
Education / Training:
- M.A., SUNY at Buffalo, Speech-Language Pathology
- B.A., Oswego State College, Psychology
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology-ASHA
- New York State Licensed and Registered Speech-Language Pathologist
- Professional Public School Teacher Certificate-Speech and Language Disabilities
Employment / Professional Experience:
- NYS Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist, Clinical Assistant Professor, UB Speech-Language and Hearing Clinic, 2016-present
- NYS Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist, Bornhava, Amherst, New York, 2007-2016
- Graduate Externship and summer position, Bornhava, Snyder, NY, 2007
- Graduate Externship, Sisters of Charity Hospital, Buffalo, NY, 2007
Professional Honors/ Advisory and Editorial Boards:
- Tindle-Shupe Award for clinical excellence, SUNY at Buffalo
- CDS 595/596: Practicum: Speech and Language
- CDS 525: Clinical Processes
- CDS 526: Current Professional Issues in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Staebell, M. (April 2016), Early Intervention, Preschool, and the SLP-Practical Applications. Presented to CDS 595 Practicum: Speech and Language. University at Buffalo.
- Staebell, M. & Weber, N., (March 2016), Professional Goal and Report Writing. Presented to CDS 595 Practicum: Speech and Language. University at Buffalo.
- Staebell, M. (February 2016 and 2017), Early Intervention, Preschool, and the SLP. Presentation made to CDS 580 Speech Pathology in the Schools (Gretchen Bennett, M.A., CCC-SLP, Instructor). University at Buffalo.
- Staebell, M. (March 2009), Presentation on an informational overview of the PROMPT therapy approach. Presented to staff at Bornhava Early Childhood Center. Amherst, New York.
- ASHA CE Administrator February 2017-Present
- Co-Coordinator: Community Universal Pre-School Screenings with Williamsville Central School District- Fall 2017
- Coordinator: Community speech-language and hearing screenings with Buffalo Hearing andSpeech Centers October 2016-Present