MA in Critical Studies Admissions
February 15 is the application deadline. Applications received after February 15 will be considered on a rolling basis, thus to maximize your chances for admission submit your application before February 15.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a GPA (or equivalent) of 3.2 or above unless a compelling explanation justifies a lower GPA. GRADUATE RECORD EXAMINATION (GRE) scores are required.
Materials Needed to Complete the Application
- A RESUME or CV
- A STATEMENT OF INTENT that describes your preparation (academic and related work/life experience) and motivation for graduate study in Critical Museum Studies. Describe areas of focus that you are interested in pursuing, career objectives, and any other information that may be helpful to admissions committee
- A WRITING SAMPLE – this is a well-written paper from an undergraduate course and a critical component of the application
- COPIES OF TRANSCRIPTS (Official transcripts will be required upon acceptance to the program.)
- THREE LETTERS OF REFERENCE preferably from former professors or museum professionals, should attest to your ability, level of maturity, and readiness for graduate level Critical Museum Studies.
You should not have to send in any hard copies. TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION: Be sure to attach (upload) the following documents:
- Statement of Intent
- Writing Sample
- Scans of Transcripts from all undergraduate institutions.
When you have finished your online application you will be directed to your "status portal" where you can upload additional documents, and pay your application fee.
Important note to International Applicants
To be reviewed for admission you must fill out the online application for international students, provide all of the supplemental materials listed above, and upload the additional documentation to your application before the application deadline, February 15.
YOU WILL NEED TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- COMPLETE FINANCIAL FORM WITH SUPPORTING BANK DOCUMENTS (follow the instructions on the International Graduate Admissions website
- officially verified TOEFL score from ETS;
- ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF TRANSCRIPT
- PROOF OF DEGREE
- COPY OF PASSPORT
Please contact our department for more information about the program.