The Graduate Opportunity Program (GOP; formerly GEOP) provides tuition scholarships to graduates of one of the following programs in New York State:
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
- Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP)
- CUNY Search for Education, Elevation and Knowledge (SEEK) programs
- Only New York State residents who participated as undergraduates in certified EOP, HEOP or SEEK programs within New York State and completed their undergraduate degrees are eligible to seek support through the GOP
- All disciplines are eligible
- Tuition scholarships are not awarded for multiple degrees at the same level (e.g., two master’s degrees) or for stand-alone certificate programs
- Tuition scholarships are not awarded to part-time students
- Only students intending to enroll full-time (12 credits each term) should apply for the program
- The Graduate Opportunity Program receives a limited amount of funding each year; tuition scholarships are not guaranteed to all students who apply
- Ensure that you meet all GOP requirements and eligibility standards
- Apply to an academic department at the University at Buffalo
- After you are admitted to a UB graduate degree track, download the GOP Application and Instructions Packet
- Complete and submit the online GOP Application Form
- Complete the GOP Certification Form (included in the GOP Packet). Obtain the required signature from your undergraduate EOP/HEOP/SEEK office.
- Submit your completed GOP Certification Form to the Graduate School, retaining a copy for your records. Please note that incomplete forms will be returned to the student.
Applications are reviewed by committee and tuition scholarships are awarded based on a combination of distribution of awards across disciplines at UB and the student’s academic merit.
Awards are determined once the level of budget support for the program is confirmed by New York State. The Graduate School will send applicants a notification letter in the mail regarding the outcome of their application when circumstances permit.