Volcanoloes and Geohazards Research
- Emplacement of volcanic flows (including field, experimental
and computational studies related to emplacement of debris
avalanches, pyroclastic flows and debris flows).
- Eruption column dynamics (including eruption column modeling
- Phreatomagmatic eruptions (including surface and subsurface
effects of magma-water explosions and fundamental physics of
- Basaltic volcanism (including conduit processes, magmatic
plumbing, magma recharge, mid-ocean ridge volcanism, lava-flow
emplacement and basaltic field volcanism). Extraterrestrial
volcanism (including mapping of volcanic landforms and modeling
volcanic processes on the Moon, Mars and Venus).
- Coupling between volcanism and tectonism ( including volcanism
in extensional environments, and volcanism in the Andes)