The following steps should help you in planning for your junior year:
- Continue taking courses that satisfy "Acceptance Criteria" for your intended major.
- Find out when and how to apply to your major.
- Meet with your departmental advisor.
- Consult with your academic advisor and study abroad advisors to consider spending time abroad.
- Approach faculty to see if they will write letters of recommendation.
- Begin taking Upper Level courses in Spring of Sophomore year (300 level courses).
- Take courses in areas that you might want to explore or possibly pursue an academic minor.
- Visit Career Services.
- Check out Student Engagement opportunities.
- Investigate admission criteria for graduate school.
- Present undergraduate research at the Celebration for Academic Excellence or at a professional conference.
Your junior year can be both exciting and overwhelming. The prospect of graduation, study abroad, graduate school, research opportunities and rigorous upper level degree requirements can cause students to lose focus on day-to-day tasks. Always create goals and manage plans to meet them.