The College of Arts and Sciences Alumni Partnership Program is designed to provide financial support to student groups, faculty, and departments that wish to create events for alumni. Students and faculty/departments have the opportunity to apply for awards up to $500.
Before submitting this form, please view the Alumni Engagement Partnership Guidelines.
Alumni Engagement Partnership Guidelines
The College of Arts and Sciences Alumni Partnership Program is designed to provide financial support to CAS departments and student groups that create events for alumni. Students and faculty have the opportunity to apply for an Alumni Award to receive monetary awards up to $500.
Applications will be reviewed monthly. Applications will be considered based on the following:
- Effectiveness in reaching a broad cross-section of alumni, or in reaching a strategically targeted segment of the alumni body
- Degree to which there is collaboration with other alumni organizations or programs
- Degree to which current students are part of the programming
- Degree to which the grant funds supplement university and outside funds
- An organization related to the College of Arts and Sciences is preferred, but not required.
- There will be a fall and spring award cycle each year.
- A group cannot receive the award twice in the same year.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Awards range from $50-$500.
- Awards will not be granted for purposes that have some commercial benefit to the organizers or participants.
- Awards may not be used for travel expenses e.g. airline ticket, rental car, hotel
- Award recipients are expected to list the College as an “official co-sponsor” of the initiative, and all marketing materials listing the College's affiliation should be sent for approval to UB-CollegeAlumni@buffalo.edu, in advance of printing or public release.
- The College or a representative from the Office of Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement must be offered the opportunity to attend and speak at any live events.
- Award recipients must maintain an event attendance or program participation list that will be forwarded to UB-CollegeAlumni@buffalo.edu no later than three business days after the event. The event attendance list or program participation list should include at least first and last name, degree information, a preferred phone number contact, and a preferred email address for each participant.