Students need not hold a Bachelor's degree in Communicative Disorders to be admitted as graduate student in the CDS Speech-Language Pathology (M.A.) or Audiology (Au.D.).
For individuals who do not hold a Bachelor’s degree in Communicative Disorders and Sciences or equivalent coursework, pre-requisite undergraduate-level courses must be completed prior to taking graduate-level courses. This can usually be accomplished in two semesters (1 academic year). Continued advancement in the graduate program is dependent upon satisfactory academic performance (e.g., GPA of 3.0 or better) in the prerequisite, undergraduate-level courses.
Prerequisite courses for graduate study in Audiology:
• CDS 290 Audiology: Diagnosis and Management
• CDS 301 Child Language Development
• CDS 289 General and Speech Acoustics
• CDS 480 Clinical Observation and Participation
• CDS 482/522 Diagnostics (may take this course for graduate credit)
• CDS 483/522 Diagnostics Lab (may take this course for graduate credit)
• CDS 387 Psychoacoustic Science
• CDS 286 Phonetics - optional
Please contact the audiology program advisor for details.