UB students, faculty and staff can use UBbox to store, share and access academic and university-related documents from anywhere, with people inside and outside of UB.
It is a conveneit way to back up and transport files among differnt lab computers, your personal computer and mobile devices.
- Go to https://buffalo.box.com
- Click Continue if asked if you are “Part of University at Buffalo”
- Enter your UBITName in the first (username) field
- Enter your UBITName password in the Password field
- Click Sign In
Note: in some instances, especially when using applications instead of a web browser, the Box login will show the default login screen, rather than the UB login screen. If that is the case, you should see an option to login using “Single Sign On (SSO)”
To upload one or more files:
- With both your Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac) and web browser windows visible, select and drag files onto the UBbox file list. The area will turn gray, and an upload progress bar will appear.
To upload entire folders:
- In your browser, click the blue Upload button and click Select Folders
- A window asking “Do you want to run this application?” will appear. Click Run, or install Java updates if necessary
- The Folder Uploader – Fetchbox window appears.
- Click Add Files
- Navigate to the folder you want to upload and select it. Repeat this step as necessary.
- Click Upload. An Upload progress bar will appear.