Uzma Riaz, PhD, is the Teaching Laboratory Associate Supervisor. Her responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensuring compliance with Federal, State and University policies and regulations in chemistry teaching laboratories.
- Supervision of Teaching Assistants in coordination with freshman and organic Lab Directors.
- Supervision of student assistants assigned to the prep room/stockroom.
- Preparation, maintenance, and disposal of chemicals and chemical wastes.
- Ensuring appropriate chemicals, materials, supplies and equipment are available for students during scheduled laboratory assignments.
- Ensuring that laboratory equipment and facilities are maintained in good working order.