Undergraduate Admissions

We welcome your application and hope you can join our community of scholars!

Incoming Students: Apply to the University at Buffalo

Incoming freshmen or undergraduate transfer applicants who are interested in pursuing Chemistry study must first apply and be accepted to the University at Buffalo.

When applying, you should indicate your intended major on the application form. All relevant information, including admissions criteria; the online application; dates and deadlines; and standardized test score requirements, can be found by visiting UB Undergraduate Admissions.

Current Students: Request to Change to the Chemistry Major or Minor

Current undergraduate students who are interested in majoring (BA, BS, BS/MS) or minoring in Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry should complete the CAS Major/Minor Change Request form. Prior to requesting to change to the major or minor, please familiarize yourself with the course requirements for your degree of choice:

Submit the CAS Major/Minor Change Request form to request one of the following changes to your academic plan:

  • Add a major, minor, or certificate in the College of Arts and Sciences
  • Drop any major
  • Drop any minor

Contact Us

Please email mashour@buffalo.edu with any questions about the application process. To set up a meeting to complete the paperwork associated with declaring a major or minor in chemistry, contact the Director of Undergraduate Studies: