Graduate Applications and Forms

Current graduate students are always welcome to stop by the Department of Economics Office in 415 Fronczak Hall or contact Jameson Yu to ask questions or discuss concerns.

Academic Forms

This form is to be used to apply for Economics Independent Research ECO 598/ECO 600. DOWNLOAD the form, complete the form with agreed upon terms & instructions from the sponsoring professor signed, e-sign yourself and email the completed form (for Masters students) or (for Phd students) for course registration. Students are limited to two (2) Independent Research courses to count toward course credit to their master's degree. It does not count toward the Advanced Certificate.

This form is to be used to request a required master's-level economics course be waived with classes from another school/program. Electives don’t require waivers unless they are not part of the student's Advanced Certificate track or program. Please complete and submit this form to the Economics department

This form is to be used to petition a non-Economics UB course not already approved as an outside elective towards the master's degree. Please complete and submit this form to the Director of the Master's Program

This form is to be used to request a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grade. Please consult individual professors for signature and bring a signed copy to Jameson Yu for filing. Per Graduate School Policies and Procedures, only a certain percentage of courses towards the degree can receive an S/U grade.

This form is to be used for registering for an internship for credit, or if proof is required for your CPT/OPT. This form must be submitted with the internship offer letter from the company/organization and returned to Jameson Yu. We recoomend using UB Bullseye to find relevant internships/

This form is to be used  to officially register an Advanced Certificate in Applied Economics with the UB Graduate School.

This form is to be used by non-Economics students wishing to register for a course in the Department of Economics. Email this form to for Masters courses, or for Doctoral courses as soon as possible to ensure that there is sufficient space in the requested course. Submission of form does not guarantee entrance into the course. Students will be placed on the waiting list and registered during the first week of classes.

Switching Between Master's Programs

To move from the MA track to the MS track, or vice versa, or to receive the MA degree while in progress toward a PhD, please send a request to

UB Graduate School
Graduate Funding
Doctoral Forms

International Students

These are the minimum costs that will be indicated on your I-20 / DS-2019 Certificate of Visa Eligibility. Actual costs will vary depending on degree, program and personal spending.