The applications for the undergraduate research fellowships are now open. The deadline is 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 29, 2019. Learn more about the fellowships. The application can be found here.
Our generous alumni and friends have established fellowship and scholarship programs aimed at enhancing the educational experiences of our undergraduate students. These fellowships and scholarships are open to undergraduates who are majors and/or intending to major in Biological Sciences and are interested in conducting research. We strongly encourage all our students to consider applying for one or more of these fellowships.
Note that there are fellowships available for both Junior and Sophomore level applicants. The application is relatively short and is straightforward. Applications will be reviewed by the UB Biology faculty.
Please contact Dr. Zhen Wang (firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions.
A big congratulations to our recent undergraduate research fellows, and a big thank you to our generous donors.
- Connor Cook, (Xu-Friedman), $1,250., McCroskey Endowment Fellow, and, New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2017 and 2018.
- Logan Fahrenkopf, $2,000., McCroskey Endowment Fellow, and, 2017 and 2018, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
- Amit Mehrota, (Cullen) $2,000., McCroskey Endowment Fellow, 2017.
- Kwang Jin (Moses) Chung, (Teschung Lee), $1,250., Knobloch Endowment Fellow, 2017 and 2018 awards, leading to UMD/Ph.D. program. UB Highlight: Volunteering to make a difference.
- Emily Bonacquisti, (Paul Gollnick), $1,250., Miles Fellowship, 2017 and 2018, leading to UB Pharmacy.
- Ryan Kaminski, (Dziask), $,1500., Alumni Fellow, 2017 and 2018.
Updates and achievement highlights from soon-to-be alumni and recent alumni of our fellowships:
- Alexa Bracci (2016 McCroskey Fellow) is graduating with highest honors and she will be studying for her graduate degree in Cornell University, UK.
- Hannah Calkins (2016 Alumni Fellow) has received an outstanding research award for her poster presentation at the UB’s Undergraduate Research Symposium.