Modern and Contemporary Spanish Peninsular Literature and Film; Romanticism; Realism; Avant garde movements; Feminism
913 Clemens Hall
Spring 2023 office hours
Thursday, 1:00 pm-2:00pm in person, zoom appointments also available.
Phone: (716) 645-0873
• “Martyrs and Saints of the Spanish Civil War Era: Enshrinement of the Right and Historical Memory.” Rite, Flesh, and Stone: The Matter of Death in Contemporary Spanish Culture, 1959-2020. Ed. Daniel García Donoso and Antonio Cordoba. Nashville: Vanderbilt University Press, 2021. Pages 97-118.
• “RECording the End Time in Twenty-First-Century Spanish Film.” Writing in the End Times: Apocalyptic Imagination in the Hispanic World. Ed. David R. Castillo and Bradley J. Nelson. Hispanic Issues On Line (HIOL) 23 (2019): 184-205.
• “Transatlantic Musical Crossover: Miguel Bosé in the U.S.A. and Bruce Springsteen in Spain.” Imperialism and the Wider Atlantic: Essays in the Literatures, Politics and Aesthetics of Transatlantic Cultures. Ed. Francisco LaRubia-Prado and Tania Gentic. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2017. Pages 135-156.
• “The Metaphysics of Espronceda’s Romanticism in El estudiante de Salamanca.” Bulletin of Hispanic Studies 93.1 (2016): 29-44.
• Religion and Spanish Film: Luis Buñuel, the Franco Era, and Contemporary Directors. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 2014.
• Under Construction: The Body in Spanish Novels. Charlottesville: University Press of Virginia, 1994.