Recent and Forthcoming Publications
- ”A Pedagogical Note on Multitier Pricing Scheme” (with Tai-Liang Chen), The American Economist, January 2018, pp. 1–17.
- “Brexit and Its Economic Consequences,” accepted for publication in The World Economy
- “The Problem of the Uninsured” (with Yong Yin), Research in Economics, Elsevier, Inc., Research in Economics 72 (2018) 147–168.
- “Was Higher Education a Major Channel through which the US Became an Economic Superpower in the 20th Century?”, with AR Cook, Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, forthcoming.
- “Celebrating the life and work of Gary Becker”, Journal of Human Capital 12, no. 2 (Summer 2018): 173-181.
- “What Accounts for the US Ascendancy to Economic Superpower by the Early Twentieth Century? The Morrill Act–Human Capital Hypothesis”, (with Adam Cook, and Yong Yin) Journal of Human Capital 2018 12:2, 233-281
- “Women Working Longer: The Labor Market Implications of Providing Family Care,” (with Kathleen McGarry) 2018. In Women Working Longer: Increased Employment at Older Ages, Claudia Goldin and Lawrence F. Katz, Eds. University of Chicago Press.
- “International Relative Price Levels: An Empirical Analysis,” (with Charles Thomas et al.) 2013. In Measuring the Real Size of the World Economy: The Framework, Methodology, and Results of the International Comparison Program—ICP. Washington, DC: World Bank.
- “How Do Risk Attitudes Affect Pro-Social Behavior? Theory and Experiment” (with Santiago Sautua). May 2018.
- “No Longer Left-behind: the Impact of Return Migrant Parents on Children’s Performance.” (with L. Yu and X. Zheng) forthcoming China Economic Review.
- “The Role of Entrepreneurial Human Capital as a Driver of Endogenous Economic Growth.” (with I. Ehrlich and D. Li) Journal of Human Capital, 11(3), Fall 2017, 310-351.
Mclaughlin, Joanne Song
- Barkowski, Scott, Joanne Song McLaughlin, Alex Ray. “A Reevaluation of the Effects of State and ACA Dependent Coverage Mandates on Health Insurance Coverage.” November 2019 Accepted at Journal of Policy Analysis and Management.
- McLaughlin, Joanne Song. 2019. “Age Discrimination Laws, Physical Challenges, and Work Accommodations for Older Workers.” Generations: Journal of the American Society on Aging, Fall Special Issue, 43(3).
- McLaughlin, Joanne Song. 2019. “Limited Legal Recourse for Older Women’s Intersectional Discrimination Under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.” The Elder Law Journal 26(2): 287-321.
- “Sibling Gender and Wage Differences” (with Twisha Chatterjee) Applied Economics, March 2018, Volume 50, Pages 1725-1745