Designed for the needs of the culturally competent health care professional, this course features a vibrant cultural component on Latin American /U.S. Latino Culture!
Jumpstart your Spanish for the Healthcare Professions:
- Learn Spanish in a professionally relevant context
- Connect with patients directly in their native languages
- Improve your patient care and improve partnerships with family caretakers
- Develop cultural competence
- Learn in a flexible environment that combines in-person modules with independent work online
January 30-May 12, 2023
Course number 20090, SPA 522, 3 credits
4:15-6:15 pm in person; remaining 40 min remote/asynchronous
Fall 2022-Spring 2023 tuition and fees information can be found on the UB Student Accounts website.
For questions about applying, contact: Sue Walker, Graduate Secretary: email@example.com, or 716.645.2192
For course content questions, contact: Professor Amy C. Graves Monroe: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow these steps to complete your application to take the course:
- Click the "Start Your Application" button below and create your application account
- Once you have "created your application" (under College of Arts and Sciences), make sure to select the following prompts in the Program of Study Section
- Term - Spring 2023
- Program - Spanish Language & Literature Non-Degree
- On the application, you will be asked to fill out basic biographic/demographic information, and must also submit
- Unofficial copy of your transcript
- 150 word personal statement that includes your area of practice or professional interest, your exposure to Spanish, and goals for taking the class.
- No letters of recommendation or other items are required
- Upon submission of your application, we will waive your application fee, and a member of our office will follow-up with you about enrollment in the course and other administrative needs.